Learn how to be mindful with author Aimee Morgan, "The Chaos Antidote; a fable about mindfulness"
Episode S2E9: Show Notes.
Do you find yourself checking on your phone every few minutes? Do you struggle to be present? Are you often preoccupied with worries about the future and past decisions? If so, mindfulness might be a welcome antidote to the chaos of your modern lifestyle. In today’s episode, we get together with Aimee Morgan to talk about her new book The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness along with its accompanying workbook The Chaos Antidote: Six Week Mindfulness Workbook.
In our discussion, Aimee shares her journey to mindfulness after a life-threatening miscarriage prompted her to reexamine her life. After participating in the comprehensive Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course by John Kabat-Zinn, she felt compelled to distill those ideas and rework them for her two new books. Aimee reflects on why she chose to disseminate these approaches to mindfulness through fables to make them accessible and ensure a broader impact. Listeners will hear how mindfulness techniques have helped Aimee in her life, what her daily practice looks like these days, and how to start your daily practice. Aimee breaks down her original daily reflection practice GLOWY, as outlined in her workbook, and gives some useful tips for overcoming one's fear of difficult emotions during meditation. We loved having Aimee on the show and had a fantastic conversation full of insightful wisdom, kindness, and hope, you won’t want to miss this!
Key Points From This Episode:
● Aimee defines what mindfulness means for her.
● Aimee describes her book The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness and why she chose to share her ideas on mindfulness through accessible stories rather than a traditional self-help format.
● Why the characters in Aimee’s book are relatable, everyday people.
● How Aimee’s book is an accessible way into mindfulness.
● Aimee shares her journey with mindfulness.
● How Aimee took the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course by John Kabat-Zinn and distilled what she learned from it to form part of her book.
● The challenges that mindfulness has helped Aimee overcome.
● The benefit of identifying anxious thoughts.
● How Aimee has learned to self-regulate through mindfulness.
● A description of the workbook that accompanies The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness.
● Aimee shares her daily practice.
● Hear Aimee’s advice for creating a daily mindfulness practice.
● A look out for Aimee’s Mindfulness Academy, coming soon!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Chaos Antidote: A Fable about MindfulnessSupport the show